Our four strategic goals
1. SUPPORT: Sharing solutions for today and tomorrow
We exist to make life easier - so that charities and volunteers can focus on making a difference. We’ll bring members together to find solutions to common problems.
- provide practical support on the things that organisations rely on, such as funding, staff and HR, recruiting and managing volunteers, leadership and management
- harness our sector’s collective power; pushing for the best possible environment for charities and volunteering to thrive
- create spaces to explore and discuss the complex challenges we face, and together make the changes we would like to see in the world around us
2. MOBILISE: Making the case for charities and volunteering
Every day, charities make a difference to millions of lives. Demonstrating the strength and breadth of our sector, we’ll work tirelessly to ensure that both the public and decision makers recognise the essential role that charities and volunteers play.
- influence the national conversation about the role of charities and volunteers
- work with our members to build stronger relationships with decision makers
- build on the strong evidence base we have already, ensuring that the stories of all our members are heard, and not just those with the loudest voices.
3. CONNECT: Convening local and national networks
We are stronger as a sector when we come together. Charities and volunteers need a support system that can grow and sustain voluntary action. We will focus on strong relationships at the core of what we do.
- convene and create connections across our membership and networks to facilitate learning, collaboration and the development of ideas.
- work with organisations large and small, from every corner of the country and every part of the sector, recognising their different and complementary strengths
- strengthen our partnerships with local and national infrastructure, working together on the things that matter to our members
- put The Leadership Experience (LXP) members at the heart of everything we do, taking a more collective approach and involving people wherever there is insight and ambition. With fewer resources available, LXP will need to be more adaptable, more efficient and work with others to achieve our ambitious strategy.
4. EVOLVE: Embedding new ways of working
- work collaboratively and openly to ensure that we are building on the best insight, evidence and good practice, and be more open about our successes and failures
- continually adapt our approach to supporting charities and volunteers
- increase our reach and meet changing needs through digital and through stronger partnerships
- support our people to thrive in their roles and deliver our ambitious strategy, whether working from home, in the office, based with our members or in communities
- become a more diverse, equal and inclusive organisation.